Thursday, January 31, 2013

easy, cheesy, recipeezy

one of my most favorite parts of being a wife is cooking for my husband.
when i was single, i never wanted to make the effort to actually cook meals.. so i lived off of sandwiches, salads, and wendy's dollar chicken sandwiches (which are actually pretty good, btw...)

but with school, it can be hard to prepare dinner early enough to eat right after we get home... most nights, we aren't home till 5pm or 6:30pm. Of course by then, we are both so hungry!

today i'm sharing with you an easy recipe (if you can even call it that) that is actually super yummy! they are mini-biscuit-calzones. well, that's what we shall just call it for now. justin and i both love pizza, so this easy super quick recipe is something we can enjoy quickly after a long day of school and work!

ingredients:
1 can of 8 biscuits (pillsbury is the best!)
pizza sauce
cheese
whatever toppings you like!

STEP ZERO: preheat your oven according to what the can of biscuits says!


like you didn't already know...


leave enough space around the edge to fold it over without having sauce gush out everywhere!

i personally like pepporoni, cheese, and tomatoes :)

fold em in half and close the opening!
follow the directions on the can of biscuits. i baked ours for about 13 minutes at 375 degrees.


we like to dip ours in extra sauce :)

mmmmmmm.

Now I know it's not the most creative recipe, but hey it's easy and yummy haha! The light and fluffy biscuit is so perfect to leave you not feeling guilty after eating "pizza". (do any of you feel totally gross after eating pizza? because i usually do haha)...
and for those of you who have kids, they will love these... i guess justin and i are just kids at heart haha!

enjoy!

& have a great weekend, lovelies!! xx



32 comments:

Kerri Andersen said...

mmm i am making these asap. I'm always wanting a quick easy meal too...thats married college life for ya!

Andy said...

Lex used to make these in muffin tins, without closing them up. Soooo tasty.

Kirsten Wiemer said...

sooo smart! ryan and i both love love love pizza, but really.
this is so smart, since we normally dont get home until like 7:30 this is perfect!
what are you doing this weekend? lets play.

K

Always Maylee said...

Yum this looks so tasty and easy to make. I might have to try this!

xo, Yi-chia
Always Maylee

seashmore said...

This seems perfect! Thanks for sharing! :)

Rubi Ruiz said...

This is such a simple and awesome idea! I have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

Meg said...

oh, teach me how to cook. my poor husband doesn't think cupcakes is sufficient for dinner.

Sweetened Style said...

I love this idea! Like hot pockets, but a million times better! :-)

Marsa said...

say whaat? i need to try this. i always say i'll try things but i REALLY need to try this because jerry loves calzones!! we should have a double date night and cook for the boysss :) haha

-Marsa
The DayLee Journal

Because Shanna Said So said...

Okay, this is my kind of recipe!!! Quick and easy! My girls are gonna LOVE this!!! And so am I!! ;)

Rhubarbarians said...

YUM! Sooooooooo easy and looks super tasty.
Trish

www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

Ed said...

Oh wow, that looks so good!

Alice, Pretty Confused said...

These look amazing, I'm such a pizza addict too. I'm so lazy when I'm just cooking for me too, noodles all the way, but if I'm cooking for people I'll put in so much extra effort xo

Sara SHOEmaker said...

look who is getting all domestic! i wish I cooked, ahah my poor husband! It really is my goal to start cooking meals more. I am just so clueless in that dept! but this, I can do :) might have to try this!


The House of Shoes

Yelle said...

Hello from the blog hop! These look absolutely delicious (and easy!). My tummy is totally growling right now!

Elle Falconer said...

New follower from the blog hop! These look amazing, and I think I'm with Yelle my stomach is totally rumbling, haha. I've been experimenting with pizza recently and it's been fun, the sauce hasn't turned out well (I tried to make it from scratch, but I think I'll go store bought next time) but it's still been great.

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

hhahah do it! they are seriously good.

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

ahhh i've gotta try that!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

it's so the best!!!! mmm! ahh K let's play again gurl

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

do it! it's so good:)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

aw you're so welcome :)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

hhahaha yeah that's basically what it is!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

you're so welcome! please do try :)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

hahah. oh man. don't worry, sometimes it's cereal for us!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

hahah do it! please let's double?! that'd be so fun. and you seem like an amazing japanese cook!! teach me

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

hahahah yayyy do it!:D

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

please try it out :)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

it is pretty delicious :)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

haha oh boy i love pizza, it's bad!! haha

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

i love cooking!! it just takes time and money, but well we've all gotta eat right haha

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

haha they are way too easy! thanks for commenting :)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

awh thanks for following, Elle!!! Ahh i definitely used Ragu pizza sauce haha! good luck!! :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for reading, xo