Friday, January 25, 2013

husband knows best.

you may have already seen this video around on facebook or something... but i saw this on my friend's blog since we don't have facebook accounts.


yes, that is byu. haha.

yesterday in provo, we had frozen rain. it was scary.
we live on the second floor of our apartment building. right outside our door is the above-ground parking lot. we left for school at the same time. justin was sliding around on the parking lot... he told me to not ride my bike, for it was dangerous.

being the free spirit i am, i hopped on my bike and tried riding down the ramp from the parking lot to the street...

i didn't even last two seconds. i slipped and fell off my bike, and slid down the ramp.
it was pretty embarassing...

we both walked to school together after that. we definitely struggled though!!

soooo.. mr. husband definitely knows best.
today, my shoulders and neck are super sore because of my little fall.

i'm sorry honey! thanks for watching out for my safety.

have a good weekend, everyone!

17 comments:

R's Rue said...

Such a sweet guy.
Hope the soreness goes away!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Kirsten Wiemer said...

i hated yesterday.
i was up at that ramp when this was happening.
then some kid got really hurt and the cops showed up.
my husband walked me like a grandma last night. haha.
i hope you are better for tomorrow!

K

Laura Nelson said...

oh i saw that video! it looks awful! it was like that a little bit in logan too, but definitely not that bad! i hope your sore-ness goes away!

styleshewrote.blogspot.com

Yulissa said...

That looks cool I would like to slide like that. haha.. You are freezing in Utah and I´m melting here in Puerto Rico. Is so hot!! Hope you get better.
Love,
Yulissa @ fashioddict.blogspot.com

Amanda Schroeder said...

Aw I'm so sorry you fell :( I can't believe this crazy crazy ice rain stuff.
amanda @ we and serendipity

Unknown said...

no always! only about freezing rain

bridget anne said...

oh my word! that video is hysterical. honestly…i'd skip class. treat myself to some cocoa & new girl on repeat. amirite?

seashmore said...

haha...they showed a clip of students in Provo sliding to class on the news last night....in NEBRASKA!

I totally feel your pain with the fall, though. I inadvertently went "ice biking" myself a couple years ago.

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

haha thank you Regine!!!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

haha yeah it was so crazzzy! Thanks Laura!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

haha it was so crazy and funny. Thanks Yulissa!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

yeah it was nuts!!!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

you mean not always? ;)

xx

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

haha i so should have.

you'resoright giiiirl

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

no way seriously!? hahaha. ahhhh it happens!

Lublyou said...

wow! this is crazy! I'd stay at home :-)

Jen Castagno said...

rachel, hey I'm tony's wife. I totally found your blog through my friend kirsten. i saw her post and was like "hey i think i know her" but yeah justin was over here the other day and told us about your little bike incident haha. it's ok cause tony saw justin fall on his bike one time too.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for reading, xo