Sunday, November 25, 2012

wedding: rings//table rentals.

Happy Sunday,everyone!!! I hope you're not getting sick of my wedding posts yet. haha i'll spread them out so it's not a wedding overload,i promise.

welcome to
part iii: rings//table rentals.
I seriously love our wedding rings.
They are simple, classy, oh and they match.

my engagement ring on top, his wedding band on bottom, my wedding band is still on my ring finger.



I knew from the start that I wanted a super simple ring. I tried on tons, looked online at a countless number of rings, but the simple solitare is just what stood out to me, always.
You can't tell in these pictures, but my wedding band is just a white gold band with diamonds in a pave formation. it adds a wow factor to my simple engagement band,in my opinion (:

The place we got my rings is a little family-run business in Draper, Utah called JP Lee.
He does not have an official website, but you can find information here^^^

Rings and diamonds are never cheap, but compared to what other prices for similar rings, JP Lee had a lower cost, yet AMAZING quality! He even custom-made my rings to fit my itty bitty finger (size 3...)

As for his 4mm wide white gold band, it's called a "comfort fit band". He tried on the comfort fit at a different store, loved it, but it was so expensive. Basically the comfort fit band is rounded on the inside to fit the finger much more comfortably.  A counselor in my single's ward at church had a little ring business. I talked to him, and he was able to get me the exact ring he liked for a fraction of the cost! :D He even let me choose a saying to have engraved inside the ring, to make it more personal and special (:

Table Rentals........ ahhh. In Utah with so many different wedding vendors, it was hard to find somewhere with decent pricing. However, one day as I was on Facebook, I saw an ad on the sidebar for cheap event rentals. They are called Event Utah, based in South Jordan, Utah.

I checked their website, and guess what?!
I was able to rent...
64 chairs
8 tables
8 table cloths
8 table cloth overlays
3 banquet tables
cake table w/table cloth.
all under $250.

And they looked really nice, too! I was able to choose what color table cloths/overlays I wanted, which was fun (:



there were tons of colors to choose from. My wedding colors were "creams and light pinks", but i didn't want a pink-overload with the tables (for Justin haha) so I just went with a white tablecloth with an ivory overlay (although it kinda looks white anyways).


tip #3: use people you know! It's all about the connections.
Family friends and personal contacts are always willing to help out.
tip #4: always look for cheaper options. at first instead of the plastic chairs, I wanted the "wooden chairs" which I loved, but it was an extra $50. I asked myself, will people really care what kind of chair they sit on? and will I even be paying attention to the chairs? Nope and nope. I was so busy I did not really pay attention to what was going on outside the wedding line!!




7 comments:

The Millers said...

I am really loving your rings :)

Kirsten Wiemer said...

my ring was custom, we got in az, well my hubby did and its very simple, actually similar to yours and my hubby and mine wedding rings match as well.
i thought i had small fingers cause i wear a 4, but you indeed little lady have tiny fingers!

K

Julie said...

So cute! My ring size is 3.5! All the jewelers looked at us like we were crazy when we asked it to be resized. Hello? Small finger prejudice!

xoxo, Julie @ OBSESSED

seferiandiamonds said...

I just love your blog thanks for sharing this great knowledge love it


Wedding Rings

Jane V. said...

Hi Rachel, I found your blog thru Julie at Obsessed :-)

I love your little wedding posts.

I also got my husband the comfort band as well b/c he types all day and he does not wear any sort of jewelry. It is def worth the extra money.

Have a great day!

~Jane B.

SummitEventRentals said...

Thanks a ton for writing such a wonderful blog with beautiful images.


Thanks
Utah Wedding Rentals

Unknown said...

I like the arrangement that you did in your marriage..All over looks fantastic,Designs of tables and chairs are really good..They provides shelter over a wide area and presents an exquisite style..

table and chair rentals phoenix

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for reading, xo