Friday, November 16, 2012

Cuisinart Deep Fryer...

One of my most favorite weddings gifts we got was from my mom's friend.
They got us a Cuisinart Deep Fryer!
It's pretty freaking awesome.

A while ago I decided to take the challenge of making one of my favorite Japanese dishes,called korokke... or Croquette in English.

It's basically like a deep friend mashed potato with some meat in it.
My mom had previously given me some of the mashed potato part,and I had it frozen.
But I whipped it out and decided to make some yummy din din!

Here's a recipe here if interested. (I didn't use it but I'm sure it is fabulous)


Lots of preparation... flour, eggs, and Panko crumbs.


dip the rounded mashed potato chunk in flour, egg, then Panko crumb.


let them fryyyy,baby!!!!!


finished product


Add some of the delicious sauce to it,and of course can't forget the sticky white rice!

MMMM!
I LOVE ASIAN FOODS (:

Can't wait to make other goodies with this deep fryer!
Scones... French fries... Churros... hahaha gimme some of THAT!


Happy Friday,everyone!
This weekend we are...
+attending my friend's wedding reception! woo hoo!
+sleeping in. yes please.
+celebrating our birthday's with my in-laws
+going to church
+getting more and more pumped for the upcoming holiday!


PS: GOT OUR WEDDING PHOTOS BACK!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
be watching for a series of weddin' bizzz comin up soon!
xo

5 comments:

Elizabeth Mei said...

ii na! You are so darn cute. I think we should be better friends, k? Let's have a Japanese food party :)

Applewood Road said...

I wish I had a deep fryer (although my cholesterol level protests!) and my roommate is dutch and is obsessed with croquettes (the meat variety), I had no idea they were an Asian dish too!

- Kelsey @Time Stand Still

Julie said...

A deep fryer is what I longingly stare at in every kitchen appliances aisle but I doubt it is ever coming home with me. I love fried foods and would go way overboard and my arteries would hate me! Looks so yummy though!

xoxo, Julie @ OBSESSED

Deb said...

oh, you are so brave. i have yet to try making croquettes. perhaps because your mom's are so good, i couldn't live up to them! :)

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

A while ago I decided to take the challenge of making turkey fryer one of my favorite Japanese dishes,called korokke... or Croquette in English.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for reading, xo