Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DIY II.




Thrifted hardcover books,1-3 dollars apiece...


+ mod podge that was originally about $9...
but I got it for $5 with a coupon...
+Foam brush for 99 cents...
+ cute paper from the craft store (6 for $1 sale)

=


One of my wedding centerpiece ideas!!!
Vintagey looking books. They're so cute and I love them.

 
Some of them will have picture frames on top (:
 
Wooden J, & sign, and R from Cotton On (3 for $10 sale).
For some,I needed two scrapbook papers to cover the full book.
With extra scraps that were big,I did this...
Framed it and used it as a decoration for our new apartment!
I also tore out some pages from the books to make little fans.
It's too fun.
Thank you Sarah for so much inspiration.
xoxo
Rachel Sayumi.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

That turned out really cool! I never would have thought of that, but I like the look of the hardcover books.

Kellie said...

So fun! I love your enagement picture and the announcement you sent us was super cute too!

Unknown said...

These are all such cute ideas!

Melanie Chrystn said...

Such a cute, crafty idea! You are going to have such an adorable wedding!

pretty little things said...

what a great idea! just discovered you blog and I love it! I'm your newest follower - hope you can check me out too! : )

http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

So yesterday I was at my moms house and did a double take at the invitation on the fridge. I didn't know why the girl looked familiar. Then it hit me. IT WAS YOU! It's a small world after all.

Laynah said...

That's awesome! Im planning a wedding and moving into a new apartment too!! 32 days to go for me :) when's your date??

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh Rachel they turned out so cute. So glad I could help. ANd with the silhouettes it will look so adorable!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for reading, xo