Monday, July 30, 2012

CALL ME MAYBE

Some of my buddies decided to hold a huge dance party for St. Patty's Day.
I was basically their publicity girl,passing out flyers and sending out invites on Facebook and such.
Justin had added me on the Facebook maybe a week or so before that. I just sent out that invite to everyone in the Provo area,to try to boost attendance.

Justin & I had kept bumping into each other randomly on campus,and of course I would chat with him if I saw him working in the library.

The day before the dance,he asked me over Facebook if I was going to the dance.
I told him I was. He told me he was,too.

Enter March 17.

I had no idea that Justin had rounded up a group of buddies to go to this dance with him,so that he could see me.

I went with three of my friends.
My wingwomen. THANK YOU

A little after I got to the dance,he found me. We hugged. His friends and my friends danced together the whole night. It was so much fun! They were crazy and we all had a good time together. We danced to Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe. I sung it to him as a subtle hint.
I'm the one with the lime green headband. Justin is hiding to my right, behind the dude on his phone.

After 2 or 3 hours,we were all worn out. Justin gave me a hug goodbye,and headed out with his friends.
I was so happy that I was able to hang out with him.

I was tired,so I was on the second level of the venue just watching everyone from above.
After two minutes of this,I see Justin come back through the doors.
He looked around,then came upstairs.
I was nervous. Why was he back?

He found me again,and asked if he could talk to me. I said yes.
He asked me for my number.

we went back to that venue four months later to celebrate him manning up and asking for my number (:

Little did I know that once they got to their car,one of Justin's friends asked if Justin had gotten my number. He said no because he was nervous. Justin's awesome friend declared that he would not get in the car until he went back and got it.
So he did (:

Basically since then,we have hung out for many many hours a day,every day... with the exception of me going to Japan for two weeks...
We've done TONS of fun stuff together.

Going to a symphony.
Eating sushi.
Starting our own "book club" (we're the only members... it's exclusive haha)


Stargazing.
Taking mini tours of buildings on BYU campus.
Attempting to light off floating lanterns.


Going to a Jazz game together.
Mini golf and go-karts.
Attending a hoedown throwdown.


Hiking and going on nature walks.
Swimming.


Making dinner together.
Attending classy parties.


Basically,we have spent a looooooot of time together.
And we're not bored of each other,at all.
He is funny and sweet and we get along super well.
I decided he's a keeper.

Sorry for the picture overload,but I just love them all (:
I'll write about the engagement later...

xoxo
Rachel Sayumi.

16 comments:

Maggie said...

Awwww!! How lucky of you that his friend wouldn't get in till he got your number!!! <3

Love the photos - not overload at all! I love cute love stories! ^_^

Can't wait for the story about your engagement! - Congrats again :D

Preethi said...

This is the cutest story - congratulations! So happy for you!

preethi
lace, etc.

Kellie said...

So sweet! Gives me flash backs to when Matt and I dated.

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

:) love this.

Kirsten Wiemer said...

love it, love it, love it.
so perfect.
you guys are too cute.

K

Bridgette Nicole said...

Ok, that is way too cute! I love that his friend was so insistent! about him getting your number! :) Congrats girl!
bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

Natasha Atkerson said...

Congratulations on your engagement! Such a sweet, yet simple (in a good way) story!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Gentri said...

I am still SO happy for you, Rachel! So happy and I love that I somewhat know who Justin is! haha!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

aw, this is so sweet! i love that his friend wouldn't get in the car until he went and asked for your number. that is a good friend!

Allie said...

absolutely NOT a photo overload. this is a lovely story and you two make a beautiful couple!

Oliviaaa said...

so cute that his friend wouldnt let him back in the car!

jen said...

you two are so cute! my husband is japanese and we are dying to go back! maybe you can take Justin one day! (honeymoon trip maybe?!)


http://jenlovesjoey.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this rachel! you two are so cute. can we be married friends?

Meg said...

Congratulations!! You and your man look so so cute together! Xo
megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Cute! :) can't wait to read more!

Unknown said...

the on;y word to say is cute!

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for reading, xo