Friday, March 2, 2012

"So Keep Your Eyes Set...

...On the horizon,on the line where blue meets blue.
And I'd bet that silver lining,well I know it'd find you soon.
Cuz I have sailed a thousand ships to you,
But my messages don't seem to make it through."


It's been a while since I've shared music on my blog (I think I've only done it once forever ago?! ha). Not gonna lie,I'm a bit of a "music hipster". I have a lot of artists that most people don't know about.
I don't tell people some of the artists I listen to,because they complain when it's not mainstream.
But then again,there are sooo many times when I find a good song,then a few months later it's all over the radio and it makes me sad because I liked being one of the only ones who knew the song "before it was cool". Wahhh wahh wahh.
Yes I'm silly like that.

But I want to share because I recently discovered Rachel Platten. No,I don't just love her because we share the same name... But because her voice is so sweet and pure and beautiful,her piano is great,and her songs are happy and fun. I've tried so hard to find her sheet music,but it's not out yet. So I've tried to play it by ear... but I'm not that talented.

Other songs I like by her:
Take These Things Away
Remark
Nothing Ever Happens
Don't Care What Time It Is
Work of Art
Overwhelmed
& of course she has a few more.


So I hope some of you enjoy new music.
Have a super happy weekend,friends! :D

xoxo
Rachel Sayumi.

8 comments:

Alyx said...

Love this song!
Have you heard of Mindy Gledhill???
She has some really great music that I think you'd like (she's pretty similar to this artist).

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

I love 1,000 ships! I only know that one song from her though. I should check out some other ones.

sherri said...

I like it! Thanks for sharing. Where do you find your 'underground' music? I'd like to find new music but i don't know where to start. thanks girl :) have a great weekend!

Bexx said...

I am the same exact way. And, it really hacks me off when I hear it on the radio later, because then I know that it's going to get overrated really quickly. Haha. Thanks for sharing this lovely post!

http://beccakatherine.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

i love it! you are adorable

memory said...

You make makeup-lessness the new cute. :)

Have a happy weekend, Rachel!

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Roots Out West said...

I featured you on my Friday Five blog post yesterday. I'm obsessed with your go Jane combat boots.

Kristina Clemens said...

I so, so, so love indie artists. They just so real and they never seem to be trying to prove anything. You'd probably like Mindy Gledhill. Great vocals, that girl...=)
Kristina J.

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for reading, xo