Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thoughts on Beauty.

[YOU]
are wonderful.

[YOU]
are unique.

[YOU]
are beautiful.

[YOU]
are a daughter of God!

In a world that's so focused on the outer appearance,sometimes women forget their true self-worth. It's true,ladies do get hurt easily if someone says a negative thing about them. It breaks my heart when teenage girls and adult ladies get depressed about their outer appearance. I know some girls have mothers or boyfriends that tell them to be perfect,to look good,to fix that out-of-place hair... Yes,it's a big pressure to look perfect... And it's a big self-confidence booster,to look good. However,it's truly important to remember who we are.
In elementary school,I used to be a bit tubbier. Up till about 8th grade,actually. I was always bummed that I wasn't a smashin bombshell.. But eventually I grew out of that outlook,and started to work out and take better care of my body.
I had some great support from family,friends,and YW leaders who made me feel special.
We are all daughters of a King,of a Heavenly Father up in Heaven!

This weekend,I had a little photo-shoot with my roommate. She is a photographer who had pretty good business in her hometown of Chandler,Arizona. But now that's she's in Provo,she's trying to get her name out again. She is excellent and always knows exactly how to get the best shots of anyone! I just love her to death,she is so sweet and funny.


I took this! (: Here's the artist herself! <3

I was looking through some of the pictures she took. She had edited some of them,and that's when it hit me. Who was this girl in the photo with the poreless,perfect,porcelain skin?? Who was this girl with the perfect eyebrows and white white teeth and sparkling eyes? Yes,it was me in the photoshoot... But it wasn't me in the photos. I didn't like looking "perfect". I was wearing A LOT of makeup,which I am not very used to... But I guess I kind of like my little imperfections. It's what makes me... ME! From my freckles to my crooked smile to my hair that does funky things to the bags under my eyes... It's all a part of who I am. God gave me this body,and although it can be hard at times,I know that I need to be grateful for what I have been given.

I'm going to post some photo's. Unedited ones.
This is real.
This is me.








Shirt: Forever21.
White cap-sleeve: DownEast Basics.
Necklace and Earrings: Katie's.
Black jeans: Miss Me's.
Watch: c/o TeenVogue
Bracelets: One is just homemade with clear beads,other from American Eagle.
Shoes (hard to see...): Target

JUST for kicks n' giggles...




HAHA. I'm awkward!!! (: But I love it!

xoxo
Rachel Sayumi.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

SO gorgeous! you are a beauty and your friend is a talent! i NEED to know about your nail polish... so chic, totally obsessed!

~selina

Chelannigans said...

super cute!

Anonymous said...

You are adorable!! Your friend is very talented! This was such a cute post :)

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

Thanks,guys!

And Selina- that polish is just a gold color from OPI! It's also Katie's so I don't know what it's called. But it's super sparkly and I freakin love it (:

xoxo

seashmore said...

At first I was wondering where the unedited ones were. Then I could see freckles in one shot and thought, "Oh, she's just naturally that beatuiful."

I've learned that the better you feel, the better you look. :)

I have a feeling I'm going to love your blog. (Found it from Color Me Katie's.)

Suz said...

Such pretty pictures!

Unknown said...

your hair is so short here!!

Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

right!?

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thanks for reading, xo